We spent the week in Orlando last week. Paul was taking a pastoral counseling class (which he thoroughly enjoyed) and the kids and I enjoyed our friends. We had a full week of visiting and haning out. Sorry, no pictures...I forgot our camera. =) Our little church that we attend is moving in two Sundays to RTS's fellowship hall. They currently meet at a middle school cafeteria and have done so for six or seven years. Everyone is super excited and we are traveling down to worship with them over the 4th of July. We are also looking forward to being with them on this special day.
It's been hot here...and nearly everyday there have been rainshowers or threats of rainshowers in the afternoon. I am homeschooing through the summer and it works out well since it's very hot here in the afternoons...although I don't homeschool during the hot part of the day. I guess I should to get used to it for our return to Thailand (and go outside to do it too!).
I've been reading the Thai blogs (to the right) and others linked from those from the right, and I find myself missing it a lot. I long to return, I wish we could go back tomorrow (well, maybe next week!).
We are going to see Catherine this week sometime. We're looking forward to that. She works with our team in Thailand.
This coming year I am going to introduce Thai language study into our weekly school schedule. I think PJ is ready for it and I need to keep it fresh. =) I speak Thai to them as it is, but having a consistent program of study will hopefully be very beneficial to learning new vocab and such. I would like to begin Latin with him but I will probably wait a year or two to do that. What a privilege to homeschool.
That's all for now, folks...
2 comments:
Crystal, I know you miss Thailand, but I sure do appreciate these years that God is giving us with you close to home!
Crystal,
I never really thought about it but we also still do our school hours in the morning instead of during the hottest part of the day.
Post a Comment